Viking Forum banner

Any deer hunters?

173K views 750 replies 68 participants last post by  buckg2 
#1 ·
I had a decent year.....4 from Mississippi and Looziana......

See less See more
#4 ·
Kool!

That's those "jumping" deer, right?

I said it before......."Take your kids hunting, and you won't have to hunt your kids......"

Reactions: bd_skrillz
#7 ·
Awesome deer guys, well done!

#12 ·
Great job, Dad!

#13 ·
My dad started me at about 6-7 on rabbit and squirrel. Over the years, he introduced me to ducks, deer, and turkeys.

He always taught me compassion and responsible harvesting.

I've killed my fair share of white tails, and have been blessed in my career to be able to hunt anywhere in the world, yet I enjoy my lease that we've had for 40 years in North Louisiana, and my personal little spread of 120 acres in central Mississippi.

My brother in law can stack them up like firewood.....he's a telephone man and gets about 8 weeks vacation a year, and takes 6 of them during the rut. Deer meat is not an issue in our family.....LOL.

THAT all being said, I'm not shooting again until I see a drop tine. I've never seen one in person in the woods,......

#15 ·
I need to go Muley hunting......I'm just too lazy to climb all them mountains.....lol

Reactions: Ikeepitcold
#16 ·
I'm new to the hunt game. 2nd yr. Got a spiker and doe. Taste great!

Reactions: Jim1
#23 ·
Great pics. Looks like you guys had a successful season.

#25 ·
Keepitcold, you don't play around......

Reactions: Ikeepitcold
#28 ·
Thanks for the props fellas! I work hard to bring home wall hangers and feed my family. We are a family that loves to hunt together and only take mature animals. I am very lucky to have been able to take some great animals in my life so far. I hope to continue to do the same but to be honest I look more forward to my wife and daughters hunts. They mean more to me then the hunts for myself. They have taken some great animals in the passed too.

Thanks again guys

#30 · (Edited)
Well, the season is over and I have an empty freezer. Luckily my buddy and brother both bagged some deer

Here is the one I was after, they only pics I have of him were at night

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.