Viking Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all , I’m wondering if there’s any thoughts on guys in alberta riding in the mountains , if you guys find them
A bit wide ? I would love to buy a x4 but to much $ so seems like the Viking is a good choice as well my concern is the width , power seems fine , reliability is second to none and price point seems also second to none

any input would be welcome thanks again everyone

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
In eastern woodlands / mountains east coast US. Works fine in woods. Sometimes width is a challenge but not a show stopper. Love the space actually. Great for riding offroad and hunting and working.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am in the Edmonton AB area, do my best to ride mountain areas , but mostly boreal forests, that being said, 2yrs ago I did haul down to Panorama/Radium area, had a blast on the old logging roads.
West towards Rocky mountain House, the trails get tight, but I haven't been stopped yet.
My viking is only about 2inch wider(tires) than say , a Teryx , or nearly the same as any ranger or pioneer. You wont have any issues, just don't be worried about pinstripes--you'll be fine.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i live in northwest bc and was just up a mountain here yesterday,have been up it several times,trail is a bit tight in places,but manage to make it..the viking has plenty of power and traction at higher altitudes.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
Ok thanks guys what are some mods you guys would recommend? Power train wise ? Etc
It’s really a personal preference on mods and how you will use it. You definitely will want a windshield living in Canada for those cold days. And probably a winch to run a snowplow or as a security device to get unstuck if that should happen. Power train wise maybe lighter weights in primary for little more low end and to smooth out the throttle. You may need more changes here if you go with bigger tires or wheels etc.
You will figure all this out once you get one and start using it to see what you like and what you need to change to work better for you.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,368 Posts
By the way you’re user name maybe confusing once you have a Viking 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
Hello all , I’m wondering if there’s any thoughts on guys in alberta riding in the mountains , if you guys find them
A bit wide ? I would love to buy a x4 but to much $ so seems like the Viking is a good choice as well my concern is the width , power seems fine , reliability is second to none and price point seems also second to none

any input would be welcome thanks again everyone
I ride my viking here in BC, we are in the Rockies and it performs well

·
Registered
2022 Viking EPS
20 Posts
If you can find one you are lucky. Here in SK there are no used ones. New ones are hard to get the dealer orders 20 and gets 7 if they are lucky.
I just picked my 2022 up in july after a long wait, my dealer got 4 for the model year, big dealer too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts