Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a different silencer it's called the Silent Rider its made in the U.S . The part # BT-34A the cost is $199.95 plus $15.95 shipping in the US . Web site is The Silent Rider® , (Formerly Benz Silent Rider) her are some photos of it on the Viking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I just took a look at the link Jc72 provided. And it looks like its bolt on and no fabrication but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their is no fabrication , but I think that bolt on cap is extra , I could be wrong . The web site said that it is a 60% drop in noise

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Like to hear it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They have sound clip on their web site

·
Registered
147 Posts
I checked out the website and it states that its a bolt on application. Its actually made for the 2014 viking. I watched some YouTube videos of them on atvs and they seem to work good. Good find. I might just try one and see how it works.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bolt on adapter for the viking is $27.95 it takes place of your factory spark arrestor

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Yeah, i looked at the site, didnt find a Sound clip of it on the Viking or anything on the Viking, seen the Rhino, i'll keep looking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Click on Yamaha in the banner and scroll clear to the bottom is where the Viking silencer is . They don't have a sound clip of the Viking , they have a before and after sound clip .Sorry that was my fault

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
No problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Getting ready to go put on my Hushpower . I got my hushpower the day befor i found the silent rider .

·
Registered
170 Posts
It would be nice to hear a sound clip of the unit under load. I could only find one at idle.

Joe

·
Registered
147 Posts
I might order one up on monday and see what its like. It has a 30 day money back warranty so if it doesn't work good I can return it. I watched video of the silencer on the ranger 800 and it wasn't that noticable but that's a twin. Now I also watched video on a honda rancher and it really worked good. Being a single cylinder you get more pop compared to a twin. If I get it I will post video of it if I can figure out how to.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Ive seen some vids on youtube of it i think, on a rhino, and i really didn't notice much if any difference. There was one where they put a Kolphin stealther 2.0 exhaust on a new Grizzly 700, had a DB meter app on there iphone, and tried it with stock vs. stealther exhaust, and it was very DB loss at all. Now, we all know our engines sound , pop pop pop, and with the silencer, like the hushpower, it seems to quiet it down for sure, and get rid of the pop, pop, pop, of the exhaust, and make it smooth sounding, and get rid of hte popping. So, its that case, that would be better.

I talked to a guy selling his Viking on eBay, seen it on there one day, and i sent him a message asking why he was selling it, and replied because it was too loud. He even had a silencer on it, and said at idle/low speeds, it was "quieter", but at sppeds, it was still loud.

Reactions: wondergeek

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well never installed the hushpower , going to send it back and order the silent rider monday. A buddy of mine has one on his Rino we went and looked at it tonight and he ran it with the silent rider and with out it . Their was a difference , i will let you know how much when i get mine. I went out ridding tonight and noticed that a lot of noise came from the transmission whining.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I had one of these on order and then cancelled it...this is why.

#1 If you will be doing any riding at altitude, you need to tell them so they can drill a hole in the baffle. (something about air-fuel/back-pressure?)
#2. This silencer has packing instead of baffles. If you ask them, they will tell you it should last around 3 years. And...it is not re-packable. If you have ever had a muffler with packing...you would know that it just keeps getting louder and louder as the packing wears out.
#3. The way it mounts, if you have a bumper and want to dump the bed...you will need to cut quite a notch out of the drivers side mounting bracket.

I can't find them right now, but I have some photos of one in which they notched the bracket. I'm pretty sure I posted the photos here on a thread a while back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Never thought of that very good point , thank you for that

1 - 20 of 88 Posts