Viking Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna work on PBRAKE and if easy fix move on to wheel alignments.

Take a look at the pic

Those dont look right? Correct?

I got some adjusting to do. This is where I start to get lost.

Is that toe? Is there the 3-26/27 in the manual?

So looks like if that is correct than:

1. park and lift it.
2. tie off the steering wheel
3 mesure top and bottom of tire
4. adjust the tire rods accordingly.
5. Test and repeat if necessary ref pulling left/right.

Does that about cut it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
That looks a long way out, you better check the tie roads and make sure nothing's bent.

Park on level ground, don't lift it.
Make sure both tires have the same pressure.
Measure from the center of each tire across the front, tire to tire, then across the back, center to center. You should be able to see the seam in the center of the tire, use that as your middle mark.
Turn each tie rod the same amount!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this was easier than the parking beake...the passenger sidea had a ton more thread's than driver's. We dido the rope thin and the drivers was bit right so turned the out.

Once all said and done she was 52.1/2and 52.5/8...think that is within specs?

Test drive I think it's pulling one way but not enough to bother.

Took maybe an hr compared to 3hrs on the PBrake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks a long way out, you better check the tie roads and make sure nothing's bent.
Nothing bent I could tell!

Park on level ground, don't lift it.
Check!

Make sure both tires have the same pressure.
Check!

Measure from the center of each tire across the front, tire to tire, then across the back, center to center. You should be able to see the seam in the center of the tire, use that as your middle mark.
Check 52 and 53....believe that is out of specs.

Turn each tie rod the same amount!
Now this is where I may have screwed up and why its pulling now. There were a ton more threads showing on the passenger side than the drivers. We did the string thing and when all were even tightened all up. Like mentioned now it is 52.1/2 and 52.5/8. Think that is in specs. I don't have EPS so not real noticeable. Going to hunting land this weekend to tool around with family. If in specs does the slight pull matter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Something else I would do is center the steering wheel... ( tedious part ) count exposed threads on each tie rod, measure center to center front and back and make adjustments as needed to keep steering wheel centered...

A mental note to keep less wear and tear on buggie is to never turn wheel without being in motion, as most of us are running aggressive tires, they bite and puts stress on both EPS and Non-EPS front ends.
Just my .02 cents worth 😁

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something else I would do is center the steering wheel... ( tedious part ) count exposed threads on each tie rod, measure center to center front and back and make adjustments as needed to keep steering wheel centered...
We ratcheted the steering will center when I aligned it. Is that the same as you are talking about? I believe its pulling some but will know better when out this weekend. Anyone? If in specs does the slight pull matter.

A mental note to keep less wear and tear on buggie is to never turn wheel without being in motion, as most of us are running aggressive tires, they bite and puts stress on both EPS and Non-EPS front ends.
Just my .02 cents worth 😁
The asphalt and these tires don't go so well, which speaks to your second part...I been yelling (so he can hear me...having gotten my vib kit in yet...lol)at my son about that very thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can’t speak of specs... but my preference is not to fight a pull the entire time I’m driving... I would tweak it to smallest pull... while steering wheel is centered... you can stand in front and see which wheel isn’t straight... even the slightest of turn out / in... 1/8” isn’t much... but just know it’s putting unneeded stress on the tie rods... yes it may not be much... but the less stress the less money spent...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts