Viking Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into wither or not the Rhino and the Viking shares the same air filter element? I will soon have some other performance upgrades done the Viking, along with my straight through muffler I have now. So why not look into the aftermarket for an high flow air filter.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Has anyone looked into wither or not the Rhino and the Viking shares the same air filter element? I will soon have some other performance upgrades done the Viking, along with my straight through muffler I have now. So why not look into the aftermarket for an high flow air filter.
I promise you, you will not get a improvement on a intake and if it is a open design you will lose performance.

Won two cross country championships on a rhino 700 with a totally stock airbox.

Our dyno proves on every vehicles no HP gain with air box mods.

Todd

·
Registered
520 Posts
yea air filters really dont do much

they might make a little bit more noise

even with an intake.. unless the engine is tuned to support bringing in more air, you arent doing much.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yea air filters really dont do much

they might make a little bit more noise

even with an intake.. unless the engine is tuned to support bringing in more air, you arent doing much.
Even then on the rhino 700, very little gain. I had a high compression piston, cam and exhaust and still ran stock intake. So not gains changing it.

Todd

·
Registered
218 Posts
These engines can be built well past the 80hp mark in normally aspirated form, might be a little high strung for a trail riding beast, though. A version of the 686 engine also lives in the Raptor 700, so there has been tons of R&D over the years and there are tons of parts to make it go. Cams, valves, porting, big bores, long stroke cranks, and then there's boost. :cool: Now, which to pick?

·
Registered
290 Posts
what about a little baseball sized turbo? I've heard of people boosting sea doos and sleds why not side by sides? :D

but like madviking said, might be a little high strung for trail riding ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just spoke with Ryan Jensen of No Toil air filters. No Toil will be posting a new pre-oiled No-Toil air filter for the Viking on their website by end of next week. He did not know the price. Previously used No Toil pre-oiled filters on my Rhino (traded on the Viking) and it made changing air filters a breeze!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
cool, thanks for the info, and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
This question isn't about power, but cleaning the air filter. What does everyone use to take the oil and dirt out of their filters? I have a K&N filter in my grizzly and the K&N cleaner works great. Does anyone know if you can use the K&N cleaner on a viking air filter, or will it degrade the foam after a while?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
This question isn't about power, but cleaning the air filter. What does everyone use to take the oil and dirt out of their filters?

Thanks,
I've always used petrol or solvent 1st to clean the filter, I pour petrol on it and squeeze it out then do this a couple more times until the petrol/solvent runs clean, or use a container. Then I wash the filter in hot soapy water, let it dry or blow it dry, then re-oil it inside a plastic bag, squeezing the excess oil out afterwards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts