Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking online for a K&N or UNI air filter, but no luck finding one. Anybody know of any brands that might have one out. Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Phoned K&N directly and they said they aren't making one yet. They didn't say if there was one in the works though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The stock filter appears to be a good unit, that is, plenty of flow and it does the job that it is intended to - filter air. It is far larger than it needs to be, I doubt there will be any gains going to something with higher flow, aka less filtering ability. I learned the hard way with cotton gauze filters, specifically K&N... lost several atv engines to their lack of filtering.

Good read when you have a few. Duramax Air Filter Testing * - Diesel Bombers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not interested in any gains, just want a better filter than stock (Better Protection). I have always ran UNI filters in all of my other machines.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
WhiteWind, if your filter is only under your roof, then your snorkels aren't high enough!!!
LOL!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I noticed on the stock filter the wire cage is sloppy and seems to separate the foam filter from the plastic housing a little bit near the ends. This could be a path for dust to pass by without being filtered. I used a little swipe of grease on each end of the element to prevent this. On my first service I saw a little dust build up in the intake past the filter that made me look for a the problem....should be good to go now.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts