Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought the 2014 Viking and then went to www.summitracing.com and ordered part #00493 and now have an adjustable drivers seat just like a car. It required two holes to be drilled in the seat bracket and four holes to be drilled in the rail to match the existing mount holes. Works perfect!!!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Sounds nice, got any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adjustable seat pics

having trouble sending pics as they are too large from my card. How do I make them smaller?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
We bought the 2014 Viking and then went to www.summitracing.com and ordered part #00493 and now have an adjustable drivers seat just like a car. It required two holes to be drilled in the seat bracket and four holes to be drilled in the rail to match the existing mount holes. Works perfect!!!

WOW...sounds cool!! Pic's?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
having trouble sending pics as they are too large from my card. How do I make them smaller?
The easiest way I do it is to open the pic's in "paint" and then resize to like 25% (depends on how big they are now)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Looks great, nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am ordering one now. My wife will be happy. I'm 6'2 and she is 5'2. Even with the seat in the middle location she is not comfortable. It looks like it brings the seat quite a ways forward.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bravo BB! now... if the the factory would just copy this in their next production run as they have with every other great, creative American idea over the last 50 years, in a positive way of course :) I think you should get a royalty!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you do this mod you will need to change the factory seat bolts for socket cap bolts because a socket won't fit inside the track. Put the front two inside the track and line the first seat hole over the top of them so you can get a hex key inside the hole to tighten. The back are easy to get to by sliding the seat ahead.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes it does have settings from close to the wheel to the very back and raises the seat about an inch but it is not noticeable.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just wanted to thank Beaver Bank for the adjustable seat post. Ordered one and installed it. Wife can sit comfortably now. Little bit of a pain to instal but I got it in. Thanks again!!

Reactions: Teryx2k16

·
Registered
6 Posts
My first post as a new member has to thank Beaver Bank for the great idea. I just received my 00493 seat adjuster today even though I am not taking delivery on my new camo Viking until next week. Took it to my dealer and measured it up. He also liked your idea. Really put my wife's mind as ease as to her being able to drive it comfortably.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
That's awesome, Welcome to the site!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts