Viking Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing is part of what I do and I wanted to share some of my knowledge that will help you other Viking Owners.

When you go into a Yamaha Dealership to order accessories, or have service, you have probably all been shocked at some of the prices. There is a simple way to ease that a bit. No matter who you are, you should be able to get AT LEAST 10% off on everything. You would be surprised on how easy it is...but you do have to ask.

Here is what I do: Go into your dealership and find the parts manager. Explain to him/her that you are a new Viking Owner - and that, since the machine itself is new on the market, you were planning on purchasing several accessories for it. Then ask if there was anything he/she could do to help. Now here's the term you need to throw out there. Ask if you could get some sort of "loyal customer discount?" You would be shocked at how much they might offer. There is a HUGE mark-up in parts...so they have a ton of room to work with. Do you really think there is over $400 in the OEM windshield...think about it.

Don't be surprised if you are offered 10%-20% off!...maybe even more if you place a big order! I have NEVER been turned down, or walked without getting some sort of discount. Try different dealers too.

Good luck!

M-N-T

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thats great info, hopefully it helps many people!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts