Viking Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what everyone is paying for the Yamaha accessories. I am trying to get an idea of what a decent price to go to the dealer with for a Viking set up with all the accessories. I would like to get front brush guard, light brush guards, rear bumper(grab rail), overfenders, and front folding windshield.
I figure if I go to all the dealers around me with my price I want, I might actually get it for that!
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I get 20% of all accessories.
You are so helpful...

Are there any vendors or companies that are a part of the site that are offering discounts? I'm not sure if there are any, but its worth checking out. I didn't think that accessories really could be negotiated down like an actual vehicle.

·
Registered
854 Posts
You are so helpful...

Are there any vendors or companies that are a part of the site that are offering discounts? I'm not sure if there are any, but its worth checking out. I didn't think that accessories really could be negotiated down like an actual vehicle.
That was actually a good question, i thought a forum of this size would at least have one, but they don't seem to have a single vendor, weird. I'm sure as vendors get added we'll see some nice deals

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
You are so helpful...

There is a huge mark up on accessories. If you go in and ask for the "loyal customer discount," pretty much any dealer will give at least 10% off. If your first order is large, they tend to do a little better. As far as outside vendors, I always mention I am a member of the Viking/Ford/whatever forum and ask if they can give a forum discount. Very common (even if they are not on the forum) to get a little bit of a break.

FYI: I went to all 3 of the local dealers and the other 2 offered 15% off. I did the same with service department and received 10% off the labor.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Good point on mentioning the forums, it does help them when they get good word out there after all some of us do look for positive feedback about a vendor/dealer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info. This gives me a starting point for negotiations. Now if I could just sell my Vstar 1300 so I can buy the Viking!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2008 Tourer model in silver

·
Administrator
200 Posts
Thanks for the info. This gives me a starting point for negotiations. Now if I could just sell my Vstar 1300 so I can buy the Viking!
You should post it in the classified section Others - Yamaha Viking Forum

You never know ;)

Hope you get a viking soon and good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll do that, Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts