Viking Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think it would be possible without totally chopping apart the Viking to put the new 850 cc engine in? Really would be nice to have some more ponies and be a little quieter. Too much invested in mine to want to start from scratch on a new machine. Also need a dump box so the x4 is out of the question.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I suppose anything is possible if you’re a good fabricator. A project loke that won’t be cheap. Getting your hands a 850 could be expensive and a challenge.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. Just curious. I think it would be worth looking into. They use to do a rhino can am 800 swap. Maybe this can be doable also.

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
It would be to be made to match up physically, but the electronics might be a problem. You might have to swap computers and wiring as well.

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be to be made to match up physically, but the electronics might be a problem. You might have to swap computers and wiring as well.
Ya I figured the electronics would have to be swapped out. I might have to head to the dealer in town when he gets the 2021’s in and take some measurements on the engine. What makes the 850 that much quieter? I’ve done the sound proofing and silent rider exhaust. The silent rider didn’t make a noticeable difference to justify it I know that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe a guy could get a stock x4 exhaust and try and fit that on a Viking

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
What makes the 850 that much quieter?
Big singles are usually rougher and louder than twins, but you'd wonder how much quieter the 850 actually is. Better build materials and design on intakes and exhausts can make a difference. Maybe they put a decent exhaust on it?

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
I must've been drunk when I wrote that! Might have to cut back on the morning whiskey...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m going to post on the wolverine forums to see if I can get a stock muffler. Try and fit it on the Viking.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone think it would be possible without totally chopping apart the Viking to put the new 850 cc engine in? Really would be nice to have some more ponies and be a little quieter. Too much invested in mine to want to start from scratch on a new machine. Also need a dump box so the x4 is out of the question.
If anyone can do this I’m in!! I’ll buy a totaled x2 or x4 and would have all the wiring.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If anyone can do this I’m in!! I’ll buy a totaled x2 or x4 and would have all the wiring.
I’m going to get some measurements from the dealer. While he is trying to sell me a new wolverine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts