Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we lined up my Viking with an 800 Rzr for a drag race. From 0-35mph there was almost no observable difference between the two, it was a dead even race. From 35-45mph the Rzr pulled ahead but did not just walk off and leave the Viking. Over 45 the Rzr was like a race car and ran off and left me in the dust. We ran them three different times and had the same results each time.

I was very impressed with the Viking even though the Viking has a totally different feel than the sporty Rzr whey you drive it. The Viking was very fun to ride and still gave me the feeling of a sport UTV, all while having the functionality of a utility only UTV.

Safe to say the Viking is the perfect fit for me; someone who wants sport capabilities in a utility vehicle, all while having more leg room than any other UTV out there. GO VIKING!!!!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
My brother in law has one as well, the rzr 800 that is. We too have done the quick pull outs and such, I can't tell any difference between the two, except like you said from around 43mph on. However I can say this, in the steep mountains of West Virginia riding logging trails and strip mine roads, the Viking is much more stable, and holds back going down very steep downhill grades where the rzr is riding its brakes and the Viking does not have too. However, the Viking has trouble on trails where its so wide. The rzr can pretty much go where ever an Atv can go. Hill climbs seem about the same between the rzr and the Viking. I have 300 miles on the Viking now, of that 300, 200 miles was riding along with the rzr.
My 2cents

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Yesterday we lined up my Viking with an 800 Rzr for a drag race. From 0-35mph there was almost no observable difference between the two, it was a dead even race. From 35-45mph the Rzr pulled ahead but did not just walk off and leave the Viking. Over 45 the Rzr was like a race car and ran off and left me in the dust. We ran them three different times and had the same results each time.

I was very impressed with the Viking even though the Viking has a totally different feel than the sporty Rzr whey you drive it. The Viking was very fun to ride and still gave me the feeling of a sport UTV, all while having the functionality of a utility only UTV.

Safe to say the Viking is the perfect fit for me; someone who wants sport capabilities in a utility vehicle, all while having more leg room than any other UTV out there. GO VIKING!!!!!!:D:D:D
Great post! When I first started looking into the Viking, it was very easy to find negative comments about it...In fact, it was the majority. However, after digging a bit, 90+% of those negative write-ups were from those that had been looking for a Razor killer. This is not for the speedy, jumpin', racin' crowd.
If Yamaha would have come out with a RZR type model...it would have been worthless to those of us that hunt/work/play etc. Have you ever seen anyone hunting or hauling stuff using a RZR? We call them Folks "Flatlanders" (or worse) where I come from!

For the market they were after...I think Yamaha hit a home run with the Viking!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The Viking is the perfect balance of sport and utility for me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm surprised that the Viking can keep up with the RZR. I thought the RXR would be faster since it is more for fun while the Viking is more for utility. It would have been great if you had a video!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
yeah, i keep hearing things llike this, no never any videos

·
Registered
218 Posts
Given that the Viking is down at least 7.5 hp (on paper) and weighs at least 300 lbs more, that's not to shabby. I believe (?) 45mph is about where the clutch stops shifting out, so the power is dropping off quickly after that speed is reached.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i keep hearing things llike this, no never any videos
The next time I get down to ride with my buddy and his Rzr, Ill take a video. Not sure how to load it though, so Ill be looking to you for assistance there. Try to get video in next few weeks, depending on weather.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Just shoot me a PM and we'll go through it, isn't to hard to post it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts