191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: Yanmar Longhorn

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bet you all haven’t seen one of these. I spotted this tonight and had to take a few pics and ask a bunch of questions. It started out as a stock camo 3 seater. The frame extension/rear suspension is from another salvaged Viking rear section. It is sleeved into the stock frame. The third axle is not powered and has no differential. The engine/clutch/drivetrain is all stock. I asked how it drove and they say it handles great. Obviously different than a stock machine but better than a 6 wheel Polaris. It has over 100 gallons of water in the tank which is in the bottom of the diamond plate bed. The fire pump is mounted under the rear body.

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
That is so cool!

Where is it located?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
Very kool little fire truck 🚒

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jefferson Township Fire Department outside of Galion, Ohio. He also said he had posted pics and info on one of the Facebook Viking pages. Don’t know which one.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Awesome, love it! How do you fuel the fire pump though? And I see the A arms are inverted slightly!

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
715 Posts
Awesome, love it! How do you fuel the fire pump though? And I see the A arms are inverted slightly!
There is a Honda generator hiding underneath in one of the pictures, that’s what I assumed is being used to pump the water. They should have used a Yamaha generator to keep it all Yamaha.

·
Registered
2018 Yanmar Bull
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure how they fuel the pump engine. Now that I look at it, the key start switch is under there also. I assumed it was mounted somewhere easier to get to. If I get back up that way I'll have to stop in and take another look.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
I'm not sure how they fuel the pump engine. Now that I look at it, the key start switch is under there also. I assumed it was mounted somewhere easier to get to. If I get back up that way I'll have to stop in and take another look.
Yes it would be easy enough to put a remote key on that pump, you could also plumb the fuel line into the Viking fuel supply for that matter.

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
There is a Honda generator hiding underneath in one of the pictures, that’s what I assumed is being used to pump the water. They should have used a Yamaha generator to keep it all Yamaha.
Yeah it's a water pump though, not a generator, would be good if it was Yammy but I don't think that they make water pumps?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts