Viking Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just finished converting the Viking to 6 passenger this weekend. Now ready for some family riding time. I made it where I can pull the seat out very quickly or just fold and tumble.

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
That's is awesome, what is that seat out of

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hahaha nice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The seat is out of a 2004 Suburban. I got it out of the junkyard. It was way cheaper than any other seat I could find. It cleaned up very nice!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Pretty COOL, but in Calif you need as special license to drive a bus :eek: All you need now is DVD's in the back of the headrests and you're ready to go!

LOL!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it's cool. But from a safety aspect I think absolutely not. With no certified R O P S. Over the seat you installed if u rolled ur viking over if some one is sitting in that seat your looking at some serious injuries for who ever is in that seat epically if they are seat belted in. And with having that much more weight that high on the machine it raises ur center of gravity increasing chances of tip over. Also some people may not know that with these machines having a certified r o p s you are not suppose to cut, drill, weld or modify it in any way. Clamping to it is fine. If any one questions this I'm sure if you google rollover protective structure you will find lots of info. Where I work we are not suppose to do any things like that with rops for liability reasons. But any way very nice project I'm not trying to knock it or any thing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
**** that looks unsafe. Hope you advise the riders they could/will die upon roll over.

Joe

·
Registered
965 Posts
The fun police are here, I'm sure he isn't going to get crazy with his family in the bed

·
Registered
416 Posts
Exactly. Its no different than a golf cart. If your just out for a nice peaceful ride there's no problem. Im sure he knows what not to do with his family in there. It certainly looks comfy.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gentlemen:

Lets face the facts: I live in the flatlands of Mississippi. We have no moutains or hills. This machine is primarily for hunting and work. During these activities the seat will not be in. Seat is primarily there to to haul kids back and forth to the pool in the neighborhood or ride around the deercamp. My machine does not run monster tires or a hopped up motor. THere are plenty of riggs on here that imo are more dangerous than this.

A little common sense goes a long way, however there are those that dont use it and this project is not for them.

At the end of the day, its all about enjoying the great outdoors.

Reactions: vixx

·
Registered
170 Posts
They call them accidents for a reason, they happen when you least expect it.

Joe

·
Registered
965 Posts
with no certified R.O.P.S. blah blah blah blah

I'm going to drink a beer, ride in the back seat of the viking, drink another beer and then challenge my buddies to a game of jarts.

and im not gonna wear a helmet!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts