Viking Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I used a LED light bar Rocker switch for my light bar, it had more pins than i needed, i think we used the bottom 2 for the on/off, cant remember exactly, I think some of them are for powering the lights in the switch so they light up at night, etc.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Is it a illuminated switch?
If so one will be ground for the internal light, one will be power feed (positive) for the internal light.
Does it look like this picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a illuminated switch, so I need 2 power and 2 ground, I guess I can do this with some sort of jumper wire connector

·
Administrator
1,800 Posts
You need one power wire to the switch, and a ground to the switch. Every accessory will need a wire to the switch. Depending on load, each accessory should be slaved with a relay. The switch should be controlling the coil of a relay, and the load of the relay should be the accessory.... Again, depending on the load of the accessory, and the switch rating.. If the switch has multiple isolated SPST, or SPDT switches, you might be able to send multiple power wires to the switch, and not use relays, depending on the load of the switch, and accessories

PS - Make sure everything is fused, not just direct off the battery.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Fused positive to terminals 2 and 6.
Lights or load to terminal 2.
Negative to terminals 7 and 8.

This should get it done for you.

I put an auxillary relay in the battery compartment to take the load off the small guage wires in the viking.
It consists of 4 wires, Positive (LIVE all the time), Negative, Load (only on when ignition is on) and a trigger wire which turns the relay on with the ignition.
I attached it to the battery positive with a 20 amp inline fuse .
Key off ! Everything Off !
I ride in northern Saskatchewan, your battery goes dead. Big Trouble. We never ride alone up here. Bears, Wolves, Cougars(not the downtown type either) we have them all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ultratech and Krazy Dave boy I'm glad I dont have to worry about Wolves and Cougars, we do have bears getting in the trash once in awhile, I guess I need to get relay, should I get 1 relay per switch?
thanks,

·
Administrator
1,800 Posts
I personally like relays. But if you have an accessory that has a low amp rating, lower than the switch rating, then you really dont it. Just fuse it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts