Viking Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive ordered a catvos 3 inch a-arm lift If I combine the catvos lift with a super ATV lift theoretically I would gain 5 inch I dont thinks the angles will be bad being a cuved a arm lift and the super atv are shock relocator....any input?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are there any aftermarket axles out there yet? (Gorillia). If they make them you might as well get them and then you wont have to worry about the angle of the axles.

·
Super Moderator
4,520 Posts
I think you're angles would still be bad as your axle has to go from center of diff to center of wheel? No idea as I've never seen one but it sounds good!

How do the Gorilla axles work Outdoorsman, are still a CV joint?

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but lifting your center of gravity that much higher to me just seems like it would be that much easier to flop it over in turns or on side hills, jmo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it's just me, but lifting your center of gravity that much higher to me just seems like it would be that much easier to flop it over in turns or on side hills, jmo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No hills in south florida

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there goes that problem

at least you can take that out of the equation.
lol. do you guys think i made need to put diffrent axles on i cant anyone who sells viking axles are they the same as the rhino?

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes you will need new axles .. but in the rear with stock a-arm the axle will hit the frame ... the stock axle start to bind in the rear at 32 degrees the front arc arm are just for clearance , they don't change the geometry of the axle... hope this helps

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I just wanna see a viking with a 5" lift lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rhino axles will not work. With that much lift you will also have problems with the steering. You will probably have to change tie rod ends once a month and the rack will wear out fast too. I would only install 1 or the other, not both. Your asking for trouble

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes you will need new axles .. but in the rear with stock a-arm the axle will hit the frame ... the stock axle start to bind in the rear at 32 degrees the front arc arm are just for clearance , they don't change the geometry of the axle... hope this helps
The catvos comes with rear lower arched a arms doesnt this help with angles?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like others have said. A arms have nothing to do with your axle angles. With a 5 inch lift your axle angles would be crazy. Not sure any would survive. My rear axles are at 20 degrees an the front is around 25 degrees sitting on flat ground. With a 2" highlifter lift

·
Registered
26 Posts
The catvos comes with rear lower arched a arms doesnt this help with angles?
no this doesn't help the arc is just to give better ground clearance ... as far as axles go not sure what brand people are talking about , the Yamaha rhino oem or the rhino brand. the rhino brand will work seen they claim there axles will go to 45 degrees but the diff is low in the frame so they would still hit the frame at 33 degrees if the knuckle is in the oem location . the diff would need to be raised a bit . but not sure it would work on the Viking being the rear driveshaft is so short. or if an aftermarket axle will come slightly wider at the inside knuckle. now this is just some of my experiences so far so anyone with more input can correct me please do, as I am tryin to get more then 3 inch suspension lift still but seems to get lots of scrub with short a-arm.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with yamacat. I think the only way to get that much lift would be extended length a arms an axles or something like the gear hub lift that highlifter has. Either way stock axles would never work with that much lift on a Viking.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no this doesn't help the arc is just to give better ground clearance ... as far as axles go not sure what brand people are talking about , the Yamaha rhino oem or the rhino brand. the rhino brand will work seen they claim there axles will go to 45 degrees but the diff is low in the frame so they would still hit the frame at 33 degrees if the knuckle is in the oem location . the diff would need to be raised a bit . but not sure it would work on the Viking being the rear driveshaft is so short. or if an aftermarket axle will come slightly wider at the inside knuckle. now this is just some of my experiences so far so anyone with more input can correct me please do, as I am tryin to get more then 3 inch suspension lift still but seems to get lots of scrub with short a-arm.
I guess I'm just going to stay with the catvos lift. I haven't even installed it and I already want to go higher lol. for some reason I can't find any stock axles or aftermarket axles for the Vikings don't wanna risk it pop a axle and be out of service for a while

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nemz, Take before and after measurement's for us....a few install pics would be cool. Looking forward to your review on this lift.

Mark

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nemz, Take before and after measurement's for us....a few install pics would be cool. Looking forward to your review on this lift.

Mark
No problem will post install and before after pics catvos told me im not gonna have a problem with the axles cuz they build the kit around the stock configuration he did tell me if I added the 2 inch super atv I would run to big time problems

·
Registered
777 Posts
I guess I'm just going to stay with the catvos lift. I haven't even installed it and I already want to go higher lol. for some reason I can't find any stock axles or aftermarket axles for the Vikings don't wanna risk it pop a axle and be out of service for a while

I just broke my front axle a couple of weeks ago and checked into aftermarket axles-so far no one has any yet but you can get a stock oem one from the dealer which is what I did under warranty for now-hopefully I don't break anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts