Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not posted in a long time but wanted to get back in the loop and share something new and innovative with everyone. I have developed a parking brake that locks the brakes down at all four corners with the push of a button. It is a total plug and play system that requires no drilling, welding, or modifying. The kit comes with a led lit switch, a plug and play harness, an actuator pre-installed in a custom built bracket, all the necessary hardware, and detailed color picture by picture installation instructions. With this kit on your bike you will have the best park brake on the trail and there is no more park brake adjusting, bike rolling after you set your hand brake, forgetting and driving off with your factory brake set, and no more money to ever be spent on the factory park brake. If anyone is interested you can pm me or comment in this thread.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I have not posted in a long time but wanted to get back in the loop and share something new and innovative with everyone. I have developed a parking brake that locks the brakes down at all four corners with the push of a button. It is a total plug and play system that requires no drilling, welding, or modifying. The kit comes with a led lit switch, a plug and play harness, an actuator pre-installed in a custom built bracket, all the necessary hardware, and detailed color picture by picture installation instructions. With this kit on your bike you will have the best park brake on the trail and there is no more park brake adjusting, bike rolling after you set your hand brake, forgetting and driving off with your factory brake set, and no more money to ever be spent on the factory park brake. If anyone is interested you can pm me or comment in this thread.
This hunting season, I spent a lot of time on steep mountain sides and often parked the Viking against a tree with the parking brake fully engaged. I've adjusted the brake to where it holds just right, however, I don't trust it. You came up with a good set up.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
^^^^Looks like we got our first customer!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With my brake set up there are no worries if it will hold. If the foot brake holds it than this brake will.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
. A good example of the factory park brake not holding and my 4wheel park brake holding with ease.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the braking system and it works great. It took me 1.5 hours but mainly because I was going back and forth getting tools that I forgot. I could do the next one in less than 30 minutes most likely. Installing the bracket is the hardest thing to do because it is TIGHT under the dash and I am a big guy with big hands. The rest of the installation was a breeze. I used a 3/4" spade bit to drill the hole in the dash and got my wife to hold the button while I put the nut on. If you are a big person, I suggest you get a smaller person to help and buy them a beer. This is a great design and very simple. Not that I totally understand how it works but as long as it works I don't have to understand. Andy was very helpful and appreciative of my comments afterwards. No more crummy factory parking brake. Before I would have to set the brake and leave it in gear and hope that it stayed, not anymore. Here are a couple of pictures on about a 30
degree slope.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Good vid. I'm actually about to do the same thing using line loc.
. I wanted to come up with a simple easy to install plug and play set up that anyone could install with no mechanical skills and would not require any modification to the bike or brake system. Also something that would lock the brakes all the way around not just the front or the rear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts