Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is any one using a 4 point harness in the center seat ? My so is disabled and only has use of one arm. When we get in off camber situations he cant hold him self off of leaning on me making it very hard to drive . His mom has to hold him off me . Dont want to stop what he love to do .

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't know of anyone using one in the center seat, but I don't see why it can't be done.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put an e mail into pmp harness to see what they had to say . I know they will come out with one soon since the Viking is new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I know PRP seats, here in Riverside CA, makes seats for the Rhino's. And I know the adjustable seat brackets for the Rhino's can be installed in the Vikings with a little modification. So I would think you could get something with a 4 point harness to work in there ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prp is who i have an email out to , i miss spoke when i said pmp . Thanks for all you guys help . Still waiting for PRP to get back to me .

·
Registered
777 Posts
I want them for all three seats-does anyone have them installed on the passenger and drivers side yet and is what is needed to mount them

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Viking on here with harnesses on all their seats. Just can't seem to remember who????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
Reactions: Water_Dawg

·
Registered
326 Posts
I had some on my Rhino. The lower belts bolt in to the existing seat belt holes. The shoulder straps wrap around the bar behind the seat. I haven't looked at mine yet. This pic is pulled off the web. By the looks of it you have to unbolt the back rest part of the seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had to have a rear bar put in my rhino for the top harness connections to wrap around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to thank every one for their help . As for his smile, i will post some pics when we get it done . We go on a ride almost every day when i get home from work .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still not herd from PRP yet , you would think that they would send some type of email letting me know something , anything . I guess I will give them a call and see whats up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea that isn't performance at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well i just sent a email to Dragon Fire Performance to see if they could help me . Its sad that if its not performance then nobody wants to help .

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Well i just sent a email to Dragon Fire Performance to see if they could help me . Its sad that if its not performance then nobody wants to help .
When I first got my Viking, I called PRP to see if they might be coming out with seats. The girl I talked to was kind of a stick-n-the-mud (I'm being nice) and just said "no." Since I live pretty close, I asked if they might be interested in using mine to measure for possible future products....and she said "no thanks."

Everyone down here is making stuff for the RZR/Can-Am speedy desert type rides. Not much attention given to the utility machines.
One of the local dealers has a blue Viking on the lot that has been there for months...same with the Pioneers. They can't hardly give them away down here. If you DO want to buy a RZR...you will pretty much pay MSRP or walk.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Their are a lot of rzrs around here to , but their is a lot Vikings , rangers . All the aftermarket has
tunnel vision Rzr or CanAm that's all they care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got an email from Dragon Fire Racing they told me that that nobody is making a horizontal bar for the viking . Looks like im going make my own need to order some roll cage clamps and 1.5" tubing and fab my own up .

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Got an email from Dragon Fire Racing they told me that that nobody is making a horizontal bar for the viking . Looks like im going make my own need to order some roll cage clamps and 1.5" tubing and fab my own up .
I found this on E-bay (4 point harness) that indicated it was made for a Viking. I sent the seller a message asking how it attached...and here is his reply.

Dear mass-n-trash,

These seat belts are universal. The lap belt will mount using the factory locations and hardware holding your OEM seat belt. The shoulder straps have a buckle that is used to wrap around the bar behind your head holding the head rest. You do not need aftermarket seats to use aftermarket seat belts.

- azkatman

Here's the link Yamaha Viking UTV DFR Black 3"x3" Sewn in Harness 4 Point Safety Harness | eBay

1 - 20 of 33 Posts