Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to find a great mounting location as well as mounts. I will eventually get a windshield so this current setup will have to change.

Y'all have any thoughts on a mount and location? Roof mount possibly but I hate the fact I would have to reseal the holes yearly as part of maintenance.

Sorry for the out of focus video. Can you see my legs??
Yamaha Viking with a 30" Led bar. - YouTube

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Still trying to find a great mounting location as well as mounts. I will eventually get a windshield so this current setup will have to change.

Y'all have any thoughts on a mount and location? Roof mount possibly but I hate the fact I would have to reseal the holes yearly as part of maintenance.

Sorry for the out of focus video. Can you see my legs??
Yamaha Viking with a 30" Led bar. - YouTube
Here's my 30" light bar

View attachment 5074

Used some PIAA mounts and have no maintenance issues

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hole in roofs I equate to where water can get in. I seal my roofs almost yearly on my trailer. You don't think it will eventually leak?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I don't expect any leaks. The holes are just the size of the bolts and just tightening the brackets is keeping it dry so far. I did use a tiny bit of RTV. The bracket is flush up against the underside of the roof...I think just keeping the bracket tight will keep it water tight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Same here. Little bit of rtv and i made the bolt holes so i had to thread the bolts through the roof to the piaa brackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Those are what i used plus a 1/2inch spacer between it and the roof.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nothing fancy but i bought a plastic 1 inch round 1/2 inch thick one to fill the gap. You could fab one. I figured 39 cents each i would plurge

·
Registered
291 Posts
Splurge

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have either of you guys with the installed light bars taken photos with the lights on? i want to see those light bars in action.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I have the 30" ONX light bar on top and 2 "Squadron cornering" lights on the bumper. With the LED lights on, I can turn my OEM headlights on and off and you can't even tell if they are working or not. My LED's are made by Baja Designs...they have a ton of info on their website. LED Lights and LED Light Bar

They also have a bunch of stuff on You Tube (tons of photos and videos)

I can tell you this, 10% of the light is usable and 90% is for FUN...they are STUPID bright! Driving down a dirt road, I can see 50 yards to the right and left and I need binoculars to see what's lit up out in front of me :eek:. They are pricey though!

·
Registered
291 Posts
14 inch light bar (little guy compared to the 30)

here is with head lights only and with lightbar only:) can only imagine what yours will light up.:cool:

Attachments

Reactions: mass-n-trash

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I really like mounting the light bar up on top. It's just far enough back from the edge so you get very little glare. I was going to build a crossbar, or use some other attachment and mount it at dash level, but I tried it out there and the glare off the hood was horrible!

The OEM lights are a waist. I'm going to add 2 SII's and just unplug the headlights. Those 2 little LED's will put out WAY more light and still use less amps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can tell you this, 10% of the light is usable and 90% is for FUN...they are STUPID bright! Driving down a dirt road, I can see 50 yards to the right and left and I need binoculars to see what's lit up out in front of me :eek:. They are pricey though!
This is why we buy the things we do...for when we want that 90% fun factor..amen??

·
Registered
291 Posts
Let there be light

1 - 20 of 41 Posts