Viking Forum banner

2022 Viking VI Lighting Accessories

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  cactus 
#1 ·
New to forum. Just bought 2022 Viking VI Ranch. I talked to Rough Country as I have a few small cubes left over and asked if I needed a relay. The guy said he would just use an inline fuse. What I am going to do is install two cubes on the front and one in the back plus a couple of small interior lights. I was going to install a power distribution block and add a 4 panel rocker switch to turn each on separately. I want to control the back up light without always being in reverse. Any issues with this?
Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
You'll probably need a relay for each light to protect your rocker switches, some switches can't carry much power and arc out each time you switch them, eventually failing. A relay connects the light directly to the battery when the rocker switch is activated, stopping the power to the light from running through the switch. Check the power draw of your light and what the switch is rated for to determine that. And if you want switched power say from the key or cigarette plug, you will need a relay to hook your distribution block directly to the battery. That way all your accessories won't be pulling power through the cigarette socket circuit. And make sure that your cable from your battery to your block is big enough to handle what ever you attach to your block.

Reactions: Sport4x4
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum Hymie.

#7 ·
I don’t see any issues with that area

#10 ·
?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.