Viking Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone know if the Viking is getting remodeled this year? I'm looking for a new machine, but I'm not willing to buy the current model. Would love to see a 6x6 like the Canam Defender. I know if Yamaha would build one it would be quality!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey guys, anyone know if the Viking is getting remodeled this year? I'm looking for a new machine, but I'm not willing to buy the current model. Would love to see a 6x6 like the Canam Defender. I know if Yamaha would build one it would be quality!
That would be a big heavy beast for our little 686cc to push around, we'd for sure need the 1000. Doesn't really seem that they listen to closely to what we the customer wants .
It would be interesting to see the actual sales numbers as to how many BRP has sold, does Polaris still make them ?? If number are small, hardly viable to spend any money on R&D to design one.
That's probably why our Vikings haven't been retooled yet, NUMBERS equal $$$$$...

·
Super Moderator
4,377 Posts
I can't see a change happening for the Viking at all. Maybe when it hits the ten year old mark Yamaha might give it a freshen up??

Reactions: bd_skrillz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cactus your probly right, Yamaha always seems slow to react to what customers would like to see in new models. I'm surprised they brought out the Rmax so fast and didnt run the X2/X4 for ten years. They fixed the doors witch were a literal pain in the ass, but didnt add any suspension travel that it needed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yamaha is working on something. Check out this application for patent. Looks like a 6x6 to me. I'm just not sure what engine is mounted in it.

I sure hope the link works.

Reactions: LJ3

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Ransom, I couldnt make your link to the patten work. Could you try it again?

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Hey Ransom, I couldnt make your link to the patten work. Could you try it again?
try cutting and pasting this but remove the three dots before and after

...https://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum=0&docid=20190337384&IDKey=3C82B6FAD520&HomeUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fappft.uspto.gov%2Fnetacgi%2Fnph-Parser%3FSect1%3DPTO2%2526Sect2%3DHITOFF%2526u%3D%25252Fnetahtml%25252FPTO%25252Fsearch-adv.html%2526r%3D154%2526f%3DG%2526l%3D50%2526d%3DPG01%2526s1%3D%252522Yamaha%252BHatsudoki%252522%2526p%3D4%2526OS%3D%252522Yamaha%252BHatsudoki%252522%2526RS%3D%252522Yamaha%252BHatsudoki%252522...

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
It worked for me

·
Registered
47 Posts
The link worked on my Phone and my desk top computer. I'm running google chrome.

Reactions: Sport4x4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, it wouldnt work on my tablet but works on my computer. Some interesting drawings, it would be cool if they would do something with it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! I got half way through the 12 pages of lawyer speak at the end and gave up. The idea is the engine is mounted between the two rear axles. I'm not really sure if theirs a benefit to that or not. It just seems to push the center wheels forward into the cab area.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I'm waiting for "SpiderMonkey Mode" patent. You hit the SpiderMonkey Mode button and 8 articulating legs run you up a goat trail in a snap.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
411 Posts
I was at my dealers yesterday and they had zero SXS’s and zero 4 wheelers, and only 1 snowmobile. Plenty of motorcycles. Last Thursday when I drove buy they had 3 SXS’s sitting outside. 2 friends from work are trying to find a new Viking with no luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was at the dealer here in Edmonton, AB, wanted to set my ars down into an X2-850, all they had in was a sold Viking, only one in the entire shop, no quads and about 70 motorcycles.
I asked whats up, no supplies from manufacturers, anything coming in is already sold. they are at a 50% reduction at the factory, which gets even worse at the dealer level, salesman said theyed be lucky to see 20 units this year. Well, I like my ride anyway, and who knows, by the time this shit gets sorted out, there may even be an 850 Viking on the market.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts