Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else checking the internet daily for the new lineup? Yamaha is killing me with the silence on the new vikings. If they make us wait this long and there is no changes, I am going to find a random yamaha employee and punch them in the throat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Been checking also. 2020 ATV's are announced but no SXS's yet. Looks like the Grizzly still has the 700 motor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I have, after the news on the quads I think we’re going to be disappointed. Can Am have given the Defender 1000 an extra 10hp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant believe yamaha will be selling the same old viking again. When you can buy a defender hd10 for the same price, and almost 2 times the horsepower.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If they want to triple their market share they need to sack their head of strategy. Whoever thought a 700 single with quad tyres would be a big seller is an idiot. If the Viking didn’t have the Yamaha badge I’d say they would hardly sell any at all. They need to have a look at Polaris, they provide what the market wants, unfortunately their quality is lacking.
Yamaha need more 1000 models, even the 850 is lacking.
Hope this announcement is very soon, there are some good deals on the Defender here atm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You hit the nail on the head. I think there banking to much on brand loyalty and this supposed big customer base of flat land owning ranchers who want there viking vi to haul around workers. You need more power Mcfly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
the viking in my opinion was designed for farmers and hunters etc where speed isn't a factor.as a hunter the viking has plenty of power for me.if you need more power the wolverine twin fills that gap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not if you need 3 seats. Haven’t heard many people complaining about having to much power. Plenty on here and elsewhere wishing they had more. How are the sales for the Viking? In Australia in the ads most are 2017 models, so can’t be selling that well. As a hunter who has a 1000 Commander, I don’t want another loud machine either. Cheers

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I like my 1 cylinder rattle box.

Before:

After reading this thread:

Reactions: mjn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol......that viking is sharp though. I think the 3 seaters can hold there own with 700's. Its the 6 seaters like mine that are always running at 100% of the sxs capabilities.

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
Lol......that viking is sharp though.

Yes but skrillz spent so many endless hours polishing Blubanger that she shrunk! Now he has to peddle Blubanger at the next Fall Ride!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Robert, have you spoken to any dealers lately? A bloke on Facebook said his dealer told him they won’t have the 850. How true it is I’m not sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
J.c, I have not, I dont have any real Yamaha dealers near me. The two closest are owned by the same parent company. They carry yamaha but they act like they don't have anything to do with Yamaha. You ask questions they respond with let me show you a nice can am lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,182 Posts
I cant believe yamaha will be selling the same old viking again. When you can buy a defender hd10 for the same price, and almost 2 times the horsepower.

Yeah but the Defender only has 11 inches of ground clearance, nowhere near the Viking's world beating best-in-class guaranteed 12 inches of clearance!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Yeah but the Defender only has 11 inches of ground clearance, nowhere near the Viking's world beating best-in-class guaranteed 12 inches of clearance!!!!!!!!
Why is everyone forgetting Yamaha's best in class grab bar?!

Noone can compete with that. Because of that badass grab bar, I'll gladly accept 600 cc's, small tires, and doors made from melted down soda bottles.

Reactions: kasja55 and cactus

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just dropped into my local dealer, they recon there won’t be any changes. They do say Yamaha keep things close so can’t be 100% but have heard nothing to indicate there might be.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts