Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any rumors on 2015 3 seat Viking? I'm guessing we might see/hearing something in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yea I heard it will be available. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
September

Two dealers told me the 2015's will be here in September. Although neither had any info as to updates/changes from the 2014 model.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I almost pulled the trigger on a 2014 over the weekend but figured I'll try to hold out for a 2015. Still can't get any info from dealer or from corporate c.s. on 2015. They act as though they will not know until
It's released on corp website. We need to hire the group at Yamaha to keep
Government secrets!

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, starting to think maybe a V twin in the works for the 2015 model? Just saying, as tight lipped as everyone is about them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, starting to think maybe a V twin in the works for the 2015 model? Just saying, as tight lipped as everyone is about them

Can't see it kasja, Yamaha will run with this engine for as long as they can, it's proven and is useable across a number of different vehicles (ATV's etc), and the Viking hasn't been around long enough to change engines so soon. Would be nice though!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Can't see it kasja, Yamaha will run with this engine for as long as they can, it's proven and is useable across a number of different vehicles (ATV's etc), and the Viking hasn't been around long enough to change engines so soon. Would be nice though!
I agree that Yamaha ought to keep the 700 in the base model. It's a solid motor with a proven track record. However, offering a new model with an upgraded engine would certainly increase sales. A V-twin (or inline twin) with about 70-80 hp would really make the Viking sing, and I predict would boost sales substantially. There's room in their lineup for a Viking 700 and a Viking 900/1000.

Reactions: mass-n-trash

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish they would have a 900/1000 option but the safe play would be to address minor 700 issues. 2015 would have factor sound dampening kit, different brake pads and maybe upgraded shocks, just my thought.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I wish they would have a 900/1000 option but the safe play would be to address minor 700 issues. 2015 would have factor sound dampening kit, different brake pads and maybe upgraded shocks, just my thought.
That's what I was thinking, it's best they try to perfect the 700 as much as they can and then expand.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If they were gonna come out with a vtwin viking it would've happened already when they released the viking vi

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd love to hear what they are going to do, if anything, I too am getting ready to pull the trigger on one. The money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket. I really like the current special edition but would like to see 2015s se before i decide.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If they were gonna come out with a vtwin viking it would've happened already when they released the viking vi
I agree with that. With so much extra weight in machine and six people the need for extra power would have been in the development of the Viking 6, which leads me to believe they are staying with the 700.....

Reactions: Teryx2k16

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Why would you want a limited slip rear end? :s
In sharper turns the rear axle wouldn't tear up as much ground, right now both rear wheels turn at the same speed no matter how sharp you turn or not, a limited slip rear end, or one like on a car would solve that, only one drive tire instead of both at the same time turning at the same speed

·
Registered
75 Posts
As I said in another post, the rear axle should have the differential locker and the front end should be straight. Whoever designed the driveline on the Viking did it ass backwards.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The drive line on the Viking is the same design as the Rhino. Which has proven bullet proof with relatively stock set ups. In my opinion stick with what works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
Why would you want a limited slip rear end? :s
Yeah mine makes a mess of tracks that I constantly use, I would love a diff in the rear end.

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
As I said in another post, the rear axle should have the differential locker and the front end should be straight. Whoever designed the driveline on the Viking did it ass backwards.
I'll have to think about that one! How would the steering be, no different I guess.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts