Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just left my dealer and they have 2 new kits for the 2015 Viking and Viking vi! They are going to check and see if they can get me one for my 2014. Looks like Yamaha is tired of the complaints about noise. It is a nice and relatively cheap kit to install. Has anyone seen or installed one of these?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Just left my dealer and they have 2 new kits for the 2015 Viking and Viking vi! They are going to check and see if they can get me one for my 2014. Looks like Yamaha is tired of the complaints about noise. It is a nice and relatively cheap kit to install. Has anyone seen or installed one of these?

Part number...photo????

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
If you get the part #, let us know.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My dealer said on backorder till august, A guy i ride with put one on said it made huge difference

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
wow, cool, how much is it? anybody got a part #

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
they gave it to the guy free to test, i believe around 70 bucks and i dont have a part number

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Not bad at all if thats the price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I should have taken a picture of the part #. He said he would let me know Tuesday if I can get one. Yamaha sent them to him to go on the new ones he has on the floor. He said the cost would be around $50. I do have an awesome dealer though! I will let you guys know when i find out more.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I called Yamaha, they didnt have a clue, they looked around nthere computer, and couldn't find anything, then said to call my dealer, they would have the info, well, my dealer didn't know anything either, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I called Yamaha, they didnt have a clue, they looked around nthere computer, and couldn't find anything, then said to call my dealer, they would have the info, well, my dealer didn't know anything either, lol.

That's funny....I called my dealer too. They never heard of anything like this and said they could ask the rep when he showed up next time.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
im interested to see what it is, where it goes, etc.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I texted the guy this is the part number he gave me,1XD-F83RO-VO tried to google it didnt pull anything up so not sure its right

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I texted the guy this is the part number he gave me,1XD-F83RO-VO tried to google it didnt pull anything up so not sure its right
Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
they gave it to the guy free to test, i believe around 70 bucks and i dont have a part number

Do you have any idea as to what it consisted of? ...something between the bed and the back of the seats...maybe a silencer...or???

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
All I know is he had to pull the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 394 Posts