Viking Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polaris ATV, Snowmobiles, RANGER, Victory

Updated for 2015, looks like Polaris is juicing the ranger again. This will impress many people, however I think it had plenty of power in the 14' model. For trails you don't need so much power. If you were taking it to the dunes that is another story.

I wish the Viking were a bit more quiet and not so stiff in the suspension. The V-twins have such a better feel than the big 700 single Viking uses. Polaris seems to do well in sales in Utah. Rangers and RZRs don't sit for very long. The Yami dealers have had the same vikings on their lots for the past 4 months.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Polaris might not sit in the showroom long but head out to the service department and you will see plenty sitting there. My dealer is the same way he pushes Polaris and could care less about Yamaha. He likes selling Polaris because he makes great money on them. On the sale and in the service dept. Just ask Chevrolet about top sales numbers. Now we find out they are building unsafe low quality vehicles that have so many recalls it might bankrupt the company again. So just because they sell lots of them doesn't mean they are quality units! Polaris goal is to make money and have number one marketshare. Yamaha goal is to make money while building a quality product. That's why I gave them my money! Quality!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
The Vikings dont sit long where I got mine, they sell them pretty quick. Far as Polaris goes, they spend more time in the shop than on the trails, i had a new 2010, till i sold it last year, it was in shop close to 10 times, for weeks at a time, with 1 single issue it had off the showroom floor, never was fixed. I dont care what a Polaris looks like, what kinda power it has, I'd NEVER give them another dime.

Reactions: sandbagger

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, after three weeks of hitting various trails in Utah, I have yet to see another Viking. I would guess at least 70% of the other rigs I've seen are Rangers & RZR's, with a smattering of Teryx's, Rhinos, and maybe one Arctic Cat and one Can Am making up the rest.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I just get in my Viking and go riding out in the Hunting club im a member of at the end of my street, so nobody is out there 99% of the time, but i haven't seen any on trailers either, but i do look over at the dealer often when i go by, and theydont hang around there to long.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My buddy got a rzr 1000. Broke front half shaft by climbing a hill. Took 4 weeks get repaired... for half shaft...lol. they had to many ahead and parts where on back ordered. So glad I went with the Viking.

·
Registered
854 Posts
My buddy got a rzr 1000. Broke front half shaft by climbing a hill. Took 4 weeks get repaired... for half shaft...lol. they had to many ahead and parts where on back ordered. So glad I went with the Viking.
crap that's a stupid long time to wait, 4 weeks is a super long time to wait especially if you're a northerner and this happens right in the middle of your summer

·
Registered
416 Posts
4 weeks is nothing. I waited two months for my Viking to be fixed by Yamaha. I know alot of you guys dont like polaris but they have never let us down. We own 4 of them. And also one arctic cat that has 8800 miles on it. Its a prowler xtz 1000. Dads 2012 500 sportsman has 3000 miles on it. Never any problems. Of course its personal preferences as to what people like. We just really like our Polaris stuff. The Viking is a good machine to. I swore id never own a Yamaha after seeing the breakage with the guys we ride with. But the Viking appealed to me. And I bought it and drive it like any of my other toys.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
Why do you think people don't like Polaris?

Better yet, why would you expect any different response's bringing this up in a Viking forum?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Why do you think people don't like Polaris?

Better yet, why would you expect any different response's bringing this up in a Viking forum?
Because the majority have owned them, and they spend more time in the shop, than out on the trails having fun. That was my experience with them. Close to 10 trips between 2 dealers. Issue never found or repaired, and Polaris didn't want to do a **** thing to help a first time customer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a rhino in 2006 and loved it, got a ranger 800 in 2012 and hated it!! It was in the shop 4 months of the 6 month warr. Hated the way you got that jolt when starting. glad to have the dependable yamaha back, but this thing does seem LOUD!!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Had a rhino in 2006 and loved it, got a ranger 800 in 2012 and hated it!! It was in the shop 4 months of the 6 month warr. Hated the way you got that jolt when starting. glad to have the dependable yamaha back, but this thing does seem LOUD!!
Welcome back to Yamaha!! I felt the same way, always had Yamaha, never let me down, tired the Polaris, when I first read online about the Viking coming out, I couldn't sell the Ranger quick enough!!! Couldn't wait to get back in a Yamaha. Lucky enough, it didn't take long to sell that POS Ranger.

Far as the Viking Loudness goes, its fixable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts