Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
that thing would be so top heavy you couldn't even use it..

·
Registered
47 Posts
man go to dirt trax tv fb page and the comments are pretty brutal. nothing very positive being said about it. the paddle shifters look cool, but I just don't get the rear rack, no diff lock and no adjustable front shocks. it just doesn't look right to me.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Reminiscent of a smart car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
go on the other forums and no one says anything positive about the Viking either ;)

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
That's true. I see that there is a market for them. All of the parks and such that provide atv and SxS near me have a 54 to 58 inch limit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
i like the paddle shift 5 speed its pretty cool

·
Registered
8 Posts
The paddles don't move with the steering wheel though, that's pretty dumb!!!

This is certainly not the Hi-Perf SXS I've been waiting for. Come on Honda or Yamaha, I don't want to give any more of my hard earned money to Polaris! If this is the best yinz can do though, I may just have to.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
Add a little bit bigger wheels and it will start looking better. Look how larger wheels changed the look of the viking, the viking looks tough now.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Loud?? LOL! I think you need an electric vehicle ;)

I think its a pretty cool looking little machine, and I can guaranty its gonna be a big seller.
Read around, im not the only one that thinks the Viking is loud..To each there own, some think it is, some dont.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its was a joke...... meaning you think the little pioneer is too loud as well.
Oh, ok, got ya. Hard to tell in Vids, some machines are louder than others. Ive got a Can-am Outlander 800 with the Rotax 71hp Vtwin, i dont think its loud, maybe it is..just has a NICE sound to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had this been available when i started doing my shopping, i would have chosen . . .

A Viking.

I'm sure this fills a niche, but being a kind of Honda guy, apparently--on my 4th Honda auto, why can't they talk to their stying department? I have 2 words for this--U-gly!

I know, apples and oranges. But my Viking is better looking and suits my needs. Hope they have success with this, and can afford to design something more appealing.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
I think having gears, although handy in some situations, is generally stupid. There's no way I would by a sxs with gears. The paddle shift is great although the paddles don't turn with the steering wheel!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really, really considered the Honda 700. I bought the Viking. Difference... power (torque...whatever..) and ENGINE BREAKING.. I live in the mountains of WNC. There are no level rides... you either need power (not belt slippage) going up or breaking going down. I do wish the Viking was quieter. I am waiting for a bolt on muffler... it will come. The Arctic Cat was quieter. The Honda 700 was quieter. I had choices. So far... no regrets...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts