Viking Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • The Viking is equipped with Yamaha’s most powerful 686cc engine with a broad, usable powerband. Four-valve head with 10.0:1 compression delivers optimum torque for virtually any workload, and up to a 30% gain in fuel efficiency.
  • Electronic fuel injection ensures peak performance in nearly all conditions and elevations, along with instantaneous cold starts.
  • Engine braking performance is provided across the entire speed range.
  • Large-capacity air intake system contributes to the engine’s overall power development.
  • New air injection system burns the un-combusted elements in the exhaust, resulting in even further reduced emissions.
  • Specially designed drive system air intake helps prevent overheating and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
  • Convenient dash-mounted gated shift lever (L/H/N/R) provides simple Ultramatic transmission operation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone know the HP numbers yet? Won't make a big difference to me but they keep advertising the new high output motor just wondered how it compares to the Rhino.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So about 10 more HP than the Rhino. With there amazing clutch setup it sound pretty good to me. Driving my Commander 800 XT w/ 71 HP it's nice but doesn't mean squat to me if the clutch isn't a good match to the motor, and it's not.
If I could drop a Yamaha clutch into my Commander without breaking the bank it would be one of the best machines on the mark.
I'm looking forward to driving a Viking in the near future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts