Viking Forum banner

2014 Yamaha Viking brakes suggestion,

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  trailcutter 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Yamaha Viking 700. I want to put new brake pads on the front and back. What brand would be the best to buy and by me doing this will this also take care of the parking brake or will I have to buy that separately from the four wheel brake pads?

#2 ·
The parking brake is completely separate to the four wheel brakes, if you look behind the engine you will see a brake disc there, that is the parking brake. Unfortunately the 2014 model doesn't have the parking brake alarm, so the parking brake gets left on while riding, wearing it out prematurely. You can adjust the park brake, see here

#5 ·
Thanks, I didn't know where the parking brake adjustment was.
I don't have a recommendation for you on pads. I haven't replaced mine yet and I haven't even looked around at options. One thing I will say is when you replace your pads, you may want to lube your calipers to alleviate the brake squeak that plagues these machines.

Mine have never squeaked but I'll sure do that when replacing them with new ones.

#3 ·
I don't have a recommendation for you on pads. I haven't replaced mine yet and I haven't even looked around at options. One thing I will say is when you replace your pads, you may want to lube your calipers to alleviate the brake squeak that plagues these machines.

#4 ·
EBC is a popular brand. I have not had to change mine yet, but I did use EBC on my old dirt bike before and was happy with them. Have you priced OEM pads?

#7 ·
I have been very happy with the oem pads that came on the Viking and would buy them again when needed if they are not overpriced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.