Viking Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 viking yxm 700pse.. So went to start buggie and it will crank but not fire/start.. Have been threw the forums and tried swapping relays bridging the starter solinoid cleanning all plugs/connections to no joy... Still has code up and will not fire... Have come to the conclusion that just maybe my crank position sensore is faulty altho i have not tested it.... The other issue im having is finding a replacement as the site i use " yamahapartsonline" do not show the sensore as a lone part only apart of the stator assembly .. Dose any1 know the actual part number??? I would prefer to stick with oem/genuine.. Any help will be gladly appreciated.. Thanx in advance

· Registered
4,156 Posts
I know you mentioned that you went through the relays, but did you try the starter relay?

Fuel pump or fuel injector? Wires frayed on the injector? Just groping for ideas. Sorry, I can’t help you on the part number.

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
You can do a parts look up for oem parts right on Yamaha’s website.

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Fault No 12 is the Crankshaft Position Sensor. If it fails the Viking will NOT start. Check that the sensor is connected properly then if it is unplug it and measure the resistance across the sensor, it should be between 408 and 612 Ohms. The positive on your muti-meter goes on the grey wire. Hope that helps!

Reactions: bd_skrillz

· Super Moderator
5,195 Posts
Oh and the CPS has nothing to do with the stator.

· Registered
224 Posts
Fault No 12 is the Crankshaft Position Sensor. If it fails the Viking will NOT start. Check that the sensor is connected properly then if it is unplug it and measure the resistance across the sensor, it should be between 408 and 612 Ohms. The positive on your muti-meter goes on the grey wire. Hope that helps!

AND THAT RIGHT THERE.....is why I'm here., Not only for the pictures, but the experience and sharing of information . You'd have to pay dearly and the dealer for that kind of info.
Thanks Cactus

· Registered
2020 Yamaha Viking EPS
1,629 Posts
AND THAT RIGHT THERE.....is why I'm here., Not only for the pictures, but the experience and sharing of information . You'd have to pay dearly and the dealer for that kind of info.
Thanks Cactus
Absolutely well stated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts