Viking Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well got my stuff do my first service. First Off Im NOT Touching Valves Till 100 Hours or so. Starts fine and no ticking. I do overheads all the time and it's the way I feel. But anyways the rear diff is pain to fill. I had make a fitting and hose but now it's done for the future services. Yeah you can probably get small nipple and a bottle to fill It, does not take much. Front is a little bigger so a long SMALL tip funnel will do the trick. Engine is to simple. All fluids I was happy with. Nothing dark nor burnt smelling. Normal breaking in on the diff's.. Was checking connections and greasing them and went to pull the spark plug and the dang wire come out of the tip. So I cut back the connection end and seen it has a small screw that runs into the wire. Mine was not on very well. You can turn it back onto the screw is what I did with a little grease then heat shrink it back so it's water sealed. So be gentle on that and if you do take the plug off the spark plug turn it a little see if your's is lose. My air filter had some water in bottom part don't know why :D but just pull and string out. Will pack wheel bearing a later date with water proof grease that works well for what I do. Here's a couple pictures of my helper.

Tools is used
5mm Allen for the front drain.
21mm for the front fill 13/16 works.
14mm for rear. 9/16
17mm for engine drain. 11/16
Small a$$ funnel long
Small filter wrench.

Might help.
Small bottle you can screw a nipple on for the rear, heck even the front that would help.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the info. Changing all the fluids tonight.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just did my 20 hr service this past weekend. Took my time and went good except for rear upper arm grease fitting! Did Yamaha ever hear of 90 degree angle grease zerks! Otherwise pretty easy job.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for the info....great you have a good helper....let them get dirty then walk into see Mom for clean up!

·
Registered
27 Posts
LOVE that you had a great helper WhiteWind! Great times for sure! Awesome pics!

Did you use synthetic in your diffs? If so, what weight?

·
Super Moderator
4,571 Posts
Good pics, did you grease the front shaft or not bother?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Babyhead - I used Amsoil 75W-90 oil. Also run synthetic in the engine. Used both of these oils in my Rhino for 8 years and had no concerns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: WhiteWind

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I greased anything I could with my gun. Driveline and rear a-arms. Prob need grease it again I say since I'm in water 80% of the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts