Viking Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys that use your Viking around the property, wood lot, ranch etc. I took a 2" hitch/ball and welded a 3/8" chain grab hook and a 3/8" slip hook to the flat stock (see pics). Pretty simple and gives you lots of options when moving brush, dragging logs, towing or pulling out a Polaris from a mud bogg.....ha.

I built a log arch for skidding logs from my wood lot, which has a 2" hitch ball coupler and I have a utility cart for chores also with a 2" coupler. So having one hitch to throw a chain in or attach a tow rope or drag around your trailers with makes life easy. :)

Attachments

Reactions: ramrod and bullet1

·
Registered
26 Posts
nice gonna have to make one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That looks like its super useful. What have you used it to do around your property so far? I'm surprised that so many people have the tools lying around to do some welding. That's not something I have at my disposal.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks like its super useful. What have you used it to do around your property so far? I'm surprised that so many people have the tools lying around to do some welding. That's not something I have at my disposal.
Hey Hawkman....You can buy the pieces and any welding shop can drop a few welds for you for just a few bucks. I use mine most anytime I am out moving logs to either mill lumber or cut firewood. On heavy logs the choke chain gets stuck under the log, so I attach the choke chain to the chain grab hook side and just pull it out with the Viking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts