Viking Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles/hours before you changed oil after you bought your rig?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Your suposed to do the first service at 20hrs or 200 miles, mines at the dealer now for its first service, i just hit 20hrs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Are you supposed to do an oil change every 20 hours or 200 miles, or is that just for the first oil change. Every 20 hours seems like pretty often to get oil changes.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Are you supposed to do an oil change every 20 hours or 200 miles, or is that just for the first oil change. Every 20 hours seems like pretty often to get oil changes.
yea but you have to remember SxS are not used in the same capacity as a car. you could probably get away with every 1000 miles if you run synthetic...

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
the 20hr/200 miles, whatever comes first, is just for the Breakin. After that, you can do it like every 100 i think, i'll have to check the service manual.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I looked and it loks like 150hrs is the next after 20hr.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I stick with YamaLube stuff, used it for years, its great stuff, i also use the Yamalube Fuel treatment, had a case of it that somebody gave me, and i use it. Works good aswell.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Dealer did mine, so i dont know for sure, but we'll be doing the changes from now on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts