Viking Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Viking. It was running at an idle while moving stuff from the bed and it died. Now it turns over but will not start. There is compression in the cylinder and good spark on plug and fuel getting to cylinder. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
... and you had just finished driving there and got out .... any more details?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had just been driving, it was idling for about 1-2 minutes and just died. It has not started since. And there are no fault codes showing on the display

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Why is battery so low?

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Check the fuses? You said it has fuel how do you know that, and can you here the fuel pump run when you first turn the key on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All fuses are good, fuel pump comes on and runs. Spark plug is wet when I pull it out

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Hmmm maybe something is blocking air intake? I had mice at one point store acorns in the air filter housing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have pulled the air filter, I can feel the air being sucked in while turning the engine over.

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
That's strange, if it's got good spark it should be good to go, is it strong blue spark? Change the plug anyway in case it's failing under compression. Otherwise you are going to need the diagnostic tool to see what is going on. In case some electrical component has died.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was orange and a little blue, I ordered a new ngk plug for it today. If that doesn’t solve it I’ll check the valve settings and timing I guess. Idk what else to try....

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
No you wouldn't think that the timing chain had jumped, and if it was valves and timing it would still cough and splutter most likely. Sounds like plug though, I've seen them spark out of the motor but not spark under compression. Maybe the couple of minutes idling finished it off. A lot of the codes don't show on the MFD either.

·
Super Moderator
4,115 Posts
Maybe the injector is dumping too much fuel?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Maybe the injector is dumping too much fuel?
I had to switch out my injector as it was staying open and flooding. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cactus

·
Registered
981 Posts
Check battery, fully charge it. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts