Quiet muffler mod - Yamaha Viking Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quiet muffler mod

I know some of you have installed the hush power muffler. I don’t think it is still available and from what I’ve gathered is that the silent rider quiet muffler might not be worth the money. I was thinking of installing an automotive muffler. Any suggestions? Looking to quiet the limo down. I will be also putting the 2” sounds deadening foam that mash installed. This is the muffler I was looking at. https://www.amazon.com/Walker-22266-...1877934&sr=8-5
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzy View Post
I know some of you have installed the hush power muffler. I donít think it is still available and from what Iíve gathered is that the silent rider quiet muffler might not be worth the money. I was thinking of installing an automotive muffler. Any suggestions? Looking to quiet the limo down. I will be also putting the 2Ē sounds deadening foam that mash installed. This is the muffler I was looking at. https://www.amazon.com/Walker-22266-...1877934&sr=8-5

I found that the silent rider works pretty good. Takes the pop pop pop out of the exhaust note, and has a nice sound thru the rev range. I usually use it for hunting or trail riding with a group when I donít want to kill ear drums with me Yoshi. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Viking EPS SE Matte Silver
30x10x12 ITP Blackwater Evo's
STI HD Beadlocks, 2" SuperATV
JBS Extreme 16gm OD slugged
Wetsounds Stealth6 sound bar, Bazooka 8" Sub
KFI Stealth 4500lb wide
Dynatek Fusion & Yoshimura exhaust mapped by JBS Performance.
Bandit Shocks.

Green is fastest, Blue most reliable, Black and Camo get lost in the bush, Red attracts more dudes and Silver goes deepest, longest while towing a Polaris.
Cheers
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply. Is the hushpower still available? I’ve seen some videos from mash and it seems like it is a great muffler. I know the videos I’ve seen of the silent rider look great but the Amazon reviews changed my mind quickly. I figured a $25 muffler and some time with the welder would be just as good.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page