Which side mirrors you guys recommend? - Page 4 - Yamaha Viking Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Merely a rearview mirror to see what's behind me or who's behind me when riding trails. In order to use it as a true backup camera you would need to mount it somewhere between the tailgate and the hitch. In that scenario you would likely have to buy extra wire to run under the bed ( my camera didn't include enough wire). Not difficult just time consuming.

I would also note that different cameras exist with varying capabilities. The one that I have is pretty low quality.
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_skrillz View Post
Merely a rearview mirror to see what's behind me or who's behind me when riding trails. In order to use it as a true backup camera you would need to mount it somewhere between the tailgate and the hitch. In that scenario you would likely have to buy extra wire to run under the bed ( my camera didn't include enough wire). Not difficult just time consuming.

I would also note that different cameras exist with varying capabilities. The one that I have is pretty low quality.

Thanks, I ordered a twin to the one you have same everything. I basically will use it the same way you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bd_skrillz likes this.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_skrillz View Post

Got mine installed it’s basically a carbon copy of yours bd_skrillz right down to the mount. My camera is also low quality.
The wiring has an extra lead for another camera and the monitor supports 2 video inputs so I might add a higher quality camera and mount as a true back up camera later.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction bd!!

Jerry

bd_skrillz likes this.

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300bee View Post
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction bd!!

Jerry

No problemo. Glad it worked out for you.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just got my Viking and went through this. I tried the ‘cheap/generic’ Amazon mirrors but they were not adjustable enough for the Vikings more relaxed roll bar angle. I ended up going with the Seizmik 18082 and they work perfect. Plenty of adjustment and you can mount them up or down.
bd_skrillz likes this.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
The Seizmik 18082 mirrors look very similar to the Bad Dawg mirrors I put on mine, the bases themselves appear to be the difference.

Make sure you fold them in when you are trailering. I forgot to and kicked up a rock from my tow vehicle that hit the back of the mirror causing it to crack. Still useable but looks ghetto.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwerner93 View Post
I just got my Viking and went through this. I tried the ‘cheap/generic’ Amazon mirrors but they were not adjustable enough for the Vikings more relaxed roll bar angle. I ended up going with the Seizmik 18082 and they work perfect. Plenty of adjustment and you can mount them up or down.

The more expensive mirrors are definitely worth the money!

Jerry

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page