post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Site Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
FIRESTORM Cab Heaters Available

Hey VIKING Gang,
Been a bit since I posted information about our FIRESTORM cab heaters, but it's gettin' cold up here in MN!

The VIKING kit is our most popular seller -- primarily because a dealer in Canada sells them as part of a cab enclosure package, so they've been proven out well!

RECENT FEEDBACK
These are COMPLETE, model-specific kits....and even include hole saws and defrost vents. See the feedback we just got this week about this:

Today I completed installation of a Firestorm Compact Cab Heater..... I am truly impressed with the completeness of heater kit and instructions. I am in my mid-50s, and have been doing projects to my own automotive, recreational, ATV and ground maintenance equipment (tractors, mowers, etc) for many years. This is the first kit or project that I have worked with that had such detailed instructions and such a complete installation hardware package. I didn?t have to purchase or look through my stock for any supporting fasteners, or make-it-work pieces, to complete the installation. The instructions fully cover the process beginning to end with nothing lost in interpretation as so many of today?s kit projects do. Thank you for such a well thought out and packaged product. MK in PA

PRICING
1. MSRP is $399.99 including shipping for FIRESTORM Compact models.

PM me or one of our dealers here (or call us) for forum pricing.

FURTHER DETAILS

FIRESTORM Cab Heaters Available-firestorm-compact-heater.jpg

FIRESTORM Cab Heaters Available-firestorm-compact-heater-call-outs.jpg

Thanks gang! Enjoy the winter.

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Interested in Motoalliance products? Head to our vendor section to learn more about our VIPER winches DENALI plows, FIRESTORM heaters, IMPACT Implements, and SIRIUS PRO lights? You will find our FORUM SALES there too! https://www.vikingforum.org/forum/motoalliance/
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Did you guys change the instructions for the Viking to show which hose is supply to the radiator and which one is return? If not then the instructions are not complete. Also, can you explain why the instructions want you to remove the flow control valve off of the back of the unit and locate it elsewhere?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Site Vendor

(Thread Starter)
1. There is a full explanation of which hose goes where.

2. The plug you refer to is a plug on the back of the flow control valve that comes from manufacturing with shipment as a protective function to protect that end during transit. Standard packaging stuff. You just pop that off (said in our instructions under "IMPORTANT NOTE") before install. If you don't, you won't get coolant flow.

Thanks!

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Interested in Motoalliance products? Head to our vendor section to learn more about our VIPER winches DENALI plows, FIRESTORM heaters, IMPACT Implements, and SIRIUS PRO lights? You will find our FORUM SALES there too! https://www.vikingforum.org/forum/motoalliance/

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoalliance View Post
1. There is a full explanation of which hose goes where.

2. The plug you refer to is a plug on the back of the flow control valve that comes from manufacturing with shipment as a protective function to protect that end during transit. Standard packaging stuff. You just pop that off (said in our instructions under "IMPORTANT NOTE") before install. If you don't, you won't get coolant flow.

Thanks!
The instructions I got most certainly made no mention of exactly where to put the hoses. The instructions just said upper or lower hose. The vikings radiator hoses go in the middle of the tank of the radiator so really there is no upper or lower hose.
I didnt say anything about a plug. Im talking about the flow control valve itself. From the factory there is a short section of hose crimped on to the heater core and then crimped on to the flow control valve. The instructions said to remove the valve and relocate the valve outside of the operators compartment. Im wondering why you couldnt just leave it the way it comes?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Site Vendor

(Thread Starter)
We do have a diagram that shows "up/down" but we make it specific for the Viking which, as you say, is oriented left and right. Please see a "clipped" picture from page 8, step 2 of our instructions under "Coolant Set-Up." It specifically addresses this and the installer can see that in BOLD letters it says that the "driver's side is the inlet side."

FIRESTORM Cab Heaters Available-viking-install.jpg

Okay, now I understand that question you are asking about the valve.

We are eliminating any potential for firewall interference by relocating the valve.

Peter Kapsner
President
Motoalliance
www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Last edited by Motoalliance; 10-21-2014 at 09:28 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2014, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoalliance View Post
We do have a diagram that shows "up/down" but we make it specific for the Viking which, as you say, is oriented left and right. Please see a "clipped" picture from page 8, step 2 of our instructions under "Coolant Set-Up." It specifically addresses this and the installer can see that in BOLD letters it says that the "driver's side is the inlet side."

Attachment 11754

Okay, now I understand that question you are asking about the valve.

We are eliminating any potential for firewall interference by relocating the valve.
I am currently installing one unit in my Viking. I am leaving the valve as attached to the heater as there seems to be room to the fire wall . I am confused
with the One 1/2" spacer used to mount the back bolts of heater to the dash.There are two back mounting bolts for the back end of unit but only one spacer for one side...The back end of the unit will be twisted??? is this to accommodate the waterline positioning through the fire wall....or am I missing something???
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underh2o View Post
I am currently installing one unit in my Viking. I am leaving the valve as attached to the heater as there seems to be room to the fire wall . I am confused
with the One 1/2" spacer used to mount the back bolts of heater to the dash.There are two back mounting bolts for the back end of unit but only one spacer for one side...The back end of the unit will be twisted??? is this to accommodate the waterline positioning through the fire wall....or am I missing something???
I belive that there should be two spacers for the back two mounting bolts. You may be missing one.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nytroboy77 View Post
I belive that there should be two spacers for the back two mounting bolts. You may be missing one.
Makes sense to me as well . Looks like I'll have to Dig up a spacer for the other side thanks for the support nytroboy 77

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page