Viking Forum banner

Portals or CATVOS

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  cactus 
#1 ·
Getting stuck on everything.... Should I just go with portals??

CATVOS looks like it would give me the clearance I need at half the price and should be able to run 33's? But concerned with axle breakage... Thoughts?

If I do go just portals what's the max tire setup? 30's with no other additional lift?

#2 ·
I'm not an expert but if you are doing a lot of that type of riding the portals will be my choice. They will gear you down, give you lift, keep all your geometry standard, and drive the wheel directly reducing axle load etc. You could avoid a clutch and sheave job with portals too saving you that money, you'll definitely need one of those with a lift and bigger wheels though.

#4 ·
Please take pics as you go and post the install!

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

#7 ·
Sorry for the delay... install was drawn out due to work and kids. But it's done and installation was a breeze!

Attachments

#8 ·
As I said in your other thread, great photos and an awesome looking machine! I just noticed in your last photo that your coolant bottle may be empty? Could just be the photo but be careful as the water pumps sometimes leak on these Vikings which can empty your coolant before you realise it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.