Viking Forum banner

Newbie uploading pics/ hitch fix

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  krusedaddy 
#1 ·
I broke my hitch and, had to come up with a solution. I made a new hitch/heat shield out of .25” plate. I’m a long time viewer and wanted to share my solution if it could help someone else in the future.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Fantastic job. What broke the original hitch?

Sent from the bottom of a whiskey bottle

#5 ·
Very nice. How has it held up? I tow a 3,700# yetti ice fishing shack with our Viking on the stock receiver. I have been scouring the internet for a heavier duty receiver hitch to buy and install but can't find anything. We have tracks on the Viking so its geared down even further....so power isn't a problem to move it. I also made some home made spring spacers to preload the suspension.... so the suspension seems to do just fine. I'm just worried about the OEM receiver hitch at this point as the possible weak point.

#6 ·
You probably won’t get an answer from the OP it’s been 2 years since he lasted visited this forum. It looks very well made and I’m sure it has held up well. You may have to fabricate something similar yourself.

#8 ·
You may try to come up with some ideas just to beef up the stock one. Like welding extra steel around it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.