Squeaking Squeeking Squealing noise near the front driver's side at slow speeds - Yamaha Viking Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By forkliftking

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Squeaking Squeeking Squealing noise near the front driver's side at slow speeds

I have a squeaking noise coming from the front driver's side that is noticeable at slow speeds. I don't notice it at higher speeds (possibly due to the engine and wind noise drowning out the squeaking noise while driving faster).

It happened all of a sudden one day while driving it off road. The noise seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Anybody have an issue with this? I've seen some threads that mention brakes squeaking. But the noise I am hearing is while driving at slow speeds without the brakes applied.

It is not a constant squeak. It seems to squeek in tune with the speed of the rotation of the tires. You know, when going slow...squeak.........squeak......squeak. Then when I accelarate the squeaking speeds up in sync with the speed of the rotation of the tire it seems until I no longer hear it.

Thanks,

Robert
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
The brakes squeak regardless of you using them or not, they squeak at slow speeds, or high.

What i would recommend is, when driving around ride the brakes while on the gas while cruising, and it cleans the pads off good, thats what i do, and i works great.

***Formally Viking2k14*** But still here to help anytime!!

2014 Yamaha Viking 700-SOLD

2016 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE
EMP HD Front bumper
Viper Max 4500 winch
Jensen stereo

2015 Can-am Outlander MAX 1000 XT-P Orange/Black
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The squeaking you are hearing is not the brakes. There is a seal that looks like an o-ring between the hub and the spindle. I had this squeak as well so I removed the wheel then removed the brake caliper. It still squeaked when I turned the hub. I put a few drops of oil on that seal and turned the hub again. The squeak went away. I, like many on here, assumed it was the brakes until I inspected and found the problem. Now each time I wash my viking or get into water, I pull the front wheels off and add a few drops of oil to that seal. It fixes the squeak every time. Hope this helps.
Endureusa and B767 Driver like this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Mine is making the same noise on the same wheel. I was worried it might be the bearings but it doesnt have enough miles to be that. I will pull the front tire and check out that o-ring. thanks

2014 Viking Camo w/ EPS
14" ITP SS Wheels
28" Mud Lite XL's
Yamaha Folding Windshield
Kolpin Rear Panel
Viper 4500S Winch
Hi Lifter 2" Lift Kit
Herculined Bed
Yamaha Overfenders
Custom Sound Mods

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version