Viking Forum banner

Viking Fuel efficiency

25K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  agentzoey 
#1 ·
Curious about the Vikings fuel efficiency, Yamaha is claiming the Viking is 30% better than the Rhino economy wise, with the same engine. Can anyone attest to this?

#3 ·
ive got about 95 miles on mine, ive only filled up once since i got it from the dealer, and it was not on empty yet. Still near full so far.

#7 ·
I have 450miles on my Viking now a few longer trips under my belt. Comparing fuel economy to the rhino on a woods road running consistent speeds the Viking is excellent. After a few 60mile trips I'm averaging 2.5 gallons of fuel. My fathers rhino doing the exact same trip averaged the exact same. The rhino is running 27" mudlight tires, dynatek ignition and a utv crap machined sheeve. When we put these mods on the rhino the fuel economy actually increased so if we were comparing stock rhino to stock Viking the Viking would win hands down. I can't compare fuel economy in other situations because these are the conditions we run in mostly.

#13 ·
My viking got 133 miles on a full tank. Mostly on the farm and backroads, no trails. I didn't drive it like a wild man, but I didn't baby it either.

#18 ·
20L per 100km so far for me, about double what my road vehicle is so not too good. That's about 12 mpg.

#21 ·
More get up and go!

#26 ·
On my 150hp Yamaha Apex sled that I used to have... If you ran super/premium it lost 3hp on the dyno. The ECU actually retards the timing when running higher octane. Run what it says to run. If it says to run 87 then run 87.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.