Viking Forum banner

Heat Shields

49K views 103 replies 33 participants last post by  Ultratec 
#1 · (Edited)
Heat Shields for sale....

I made some heat shields for my Viking's differential and have seen there is some interest out there for them....

They are 12 gauge steel, unpainted and are just the plates, you supply the bolts, nuts and washers for the right side.... The right side plate uses holes already in the frame.... The right most hole is large and will need fender washers for those two bolts.... You'll want six 1/4 inch short bolts, ten washers, two fender washers and six nuts (I'd recommend lock nuts).... The left side uses the bolts that bolt the diff brace to the frame.....

$35 shipping included....

I can cut them out of aluminum or thread plate for an added price.....

PM me if you have any questions or if you want to order a set....

Thanks,
Daryl....

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm thinking that since it's still basically open on the sides and back that there wouldnt be much in heat entrapment.... It's just creating a barrier between the heat source and the dif that doesn't need any more heat added to it..... Over all air flow around the head and exhaust shouldn't be affected much if at all.....

#9 ·
I'd like to get a pair of these off you.. I sent you a private message but I just joined so I cant really figure out how to check messages...

I made some heat shields for my Viking's differential and have seen there is some interest out there for them....

They are 12 gauge steel, unpainted and are just the plates, you supply the bolts, nuts and washers for the right side.... The right side plate uses holes already in the frame.... The right most hole is large and will need fender washers for those two bolts.... You'll want six 1/4 inch short bolts, ten washers, two fender washers and six nuts (I'd recommend lock nuts).... The left side uses the bolts that bolt the diff brace to the frame.....

$25 shipping included....

I can cut them out of aluminum or thread plate for an added price.....

PM me if you have any questions or if you want to order a set....

Thanks,
Daryl....

#11 ·
Boy did I under estimate how much it would cost to ship these :eek:..... I will honor the $25 price to anyone who PMed me about the heat shields, but going forward, I am going to be asking $35 shipped in the US....

Sorry about that, but there's 5 pounds of metal in these and I just guessed wrong....

#12 ·
I know what you mean, they charge a small fortune to ship even the littlest stuff these days.

#14 ·
Just to make sure there's not any confusion....

12 gauge steel heat shields are $35 shipped in the US....

12 gauge Stainless heat shields are $45 shipped in the US....

Aluminum could be made, but I don't have a good local aluminum source, so price would need to be worked out before purchase....

I am not supplying hardware at these prices....

You'll need:
Six 1/4 x 3/4 bolts...
Six 1/4 lock nuts...
Eight 1/4 washers...
Two 1/4 fender washers...

PM me if you have questions or comments.....

Thanks Daryl....

#18 ·
heat sheild shipping

Hey guys, great info Blue wolf, and the sheilds, look great, i dont have enough miles on my viking to have seen a heat problem yet, but i will pay attention once i'm not in 2 feet of snow. for the shipping of those sheilds, have you looked at the flat rate boxes with USPS i think depending on the box its like 15-20$. I know up here in Alaska, i try to get everyone to ship that way cause weight doesnt matter. just a thought, not sure if it is a option for you or not.

#19 ·
Hey guys, great info Blue wolf, and the sheilds, look great, i dont have enough miles on my viking to have seen a heat problem yet, but i will pay attention once i'm not in 2 feet of snow. for the shipping of those sheilds, have you looked at the flat rate boxes with USPS i think depending on the box its like 15-20$. I know up here in Alaska, i try to get everyone to ship that way cause weight doesnt matter. just a thought, not sure if it is a option for you or not.
I should check into that... Thanks for reminding me of those flat rate boxes....

#26 ·
Before I purchase mine, I found several Folks that were showing the exhaust, over the rear axle, was glowing red. They also mentioned that their rear diff was running quite warm. So I decided it was VERY cheap insurance and bought a shield from Blue Wolf.

I figured it sure couldn't hurt, and again, it sure is cheap insurance.

#32 ·
I dont think he's on here as much as he used to be.

#37 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, been swamped at my real job... Plus my other side business is starting to grow some too.

Carry Clip Home It's a clip for your magazine....

Am getting replies out to everyone that pm'ed me... Looks like I'll be doing some cutting this weekend...

Last prices listed will be honored to this point....

Going forward new prices will be
12 gauge steel heat shields are $45 shipped in the US....

12 gauge Stainless heat shields are $55 shipped in the US....

Alum, depends on what I can find... Right now I'm out of stock....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.