308Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bandit shocks for the Viking!

Ok guys just wanted to let everyone know that Ted from bandit utv shocks is in and wants to start making shocks for the Viking!!!! I have been working with him for about three weeks now and have told him of our rear shock issues and how the teryx fox podiums fit and since they sell shocks for the teryx they will modify them to fit our Vikings and revalve then for our likings! Cost should be the same as the teryx-around a grand! Ted has been awesome to deal with and very helpful!! Where we are at right now is that he needed me to use a micrometer to get the exact measurements of our shocks so he can get the right size to fit our shock mounts. The fox podiums are bigger on the lower mounts and you have to grind them a little to get them to fit. He wanted exact measurements so that they fit our Vikings with no modifications. He then is going to make a set and send them to me to make sure everything fits. I have a Gopro Camera so when I get them mounted I will get videos of the test ride so I can send that to them so they can help get them dialed in! Very excited that they are willing to work on shocks for us for our Vikings! Also very excited that we will be able to get custom shocks at a very affordable price! More info to come as soon as I know more!!

Last edited by Dupupp; 09-19-2015 at 09:27 PM.
post #2 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Bandit shocks for the Viking!

Nice job ! Thanks for sticking with it

Can't wait to see a video !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jerhomey; 09-19-2015 at 10:04 PM.
post #3 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I will also make a video of the fox podiums I have on the bike now so we can compare the bandits to them also! Yep I bought a set of fox podiums even though I knew I was going to try and run the bandits but wanted to know the difference of the ride and the fitment so I actually knew what I was talking about with Ted! I will resell the fox's later or maybe try to fit them under my dads rhino when he gets his 30's!

post #4 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 04:53 AM

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Did he give you any kind of time frame ? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I told him I have a trip planned to ride the first weekend in October and would love to have the bandits mounted for that trip and he said ok so we'll see
jerhomey likes this.
post #6 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Awesome, glad to hear of more options! Will be especially interested in your review of the Bandits vs the Fox podiums.

So I'm guessing Bandit won't have a Viking they will be testing and developing with then, huh? In other words, you'll be the only test mule they have and future sets will be valved according to your Viking more or less, right? Are they willing to do any back and forth with you if you get the shocks and aren't happy with the valving? (Zbroz does this, I think Radflo might)

Are the shocks Ted is working on the same length/stroke/etc as the Teryx shocks with just different valving/springs? Or are they the same length as the Teryx shocks? (While the Teryx shocks will fit and work, they are not the same length as the Viking shocks)

2015 blue Viking EPS
OEM Yamaha folding windshield
Kolpin back window
Warn 3500 winch
2" superatv lift
28x10x12 ITP Blackwater Evolution tires
JBS slug/sheave
post #7 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick568 View Post
Awesome, glad to hear of more options! Will be especially interested in your review of the Bandits vs the Fox podiums.

So I'm guessing Bandit won't have a Viking they will be testing and developing with then, huh? In other words, you'll be the only test mule they have and future sets will be valved according to your Viking more or less, right? Are they willing to do any back and forth with you if you get the shocks and aren't happy with the valving? (Zbroz does this, I think Radflo might)

Are the shocks Ted is working on the same length/stroke/etc as the Teryx shocks with just different valving/springs? Or are they the same length as the Teryx shocks? (While the Teryx shocks will fit and work, they are not the same length as the Viking shocks)

You are correct that bandit does not have a test Viking. They said they never even considered the Viking because no one had asked for shocks until me. I doubt I will be the only test mule but they have to start somewhere, so since I called and asked and told them about the teryx shocks working they is where we are starting. As far as the shocks being off just a little as far as length is no big deal and Ted says it happens all the time with making custom shocks, sometimes they vary in length from model to model but like I said this is where we will start. Yes they will take back the shocks and do adjustments as needed and when shocks become available they will make them to your specifications as your bike needs! They understand every bike is different and every rider is different.
post #8 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupupp View Post
You are correct that bandit does not have a test Viking. They said they never even considered the Viking because no one had asked for shocks until me. I doubt I will be the only test mule but they have to start somewhere, so since I called and asked and told them about the teryx shocks working they is where we are starting. As far as the shocks being off just a little as far as length is no big deal and Ted says it happens all the time with making custom shocks, sometimes they vary in length from model to model but like I said this is where we will start. Yes they will take back the shocks and do adjustments as needed and when shocks become available they will make them to your specifications as your bike needs! They understand every bike is different and every rider is different.
Awesome, thanks. Answers all my questions. Keep us updated as your work with Bandit progresses!

2015 blue Viking EPS
OEM Yamaha folding windshield
Kolpin back window
Warn 3500 winch
2" superatv lift
28x10x12 ITP Blackwater Evolution tires
JBS slug/sheave
post #9 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Nice talking to you this weekend Dupupp! Sorry it took me so long to call you back, I was Hunting in south Texas with little to no phone service this weekend. I think between what you are learning with Bandit and I from RadFlo we are well on our way to having some really good options for the Viking. Ryan is going to be testing the factory Teryx KYB shocks off of Aaron's ride. Supposedly according to the Teryx guys they ride better than the Fox shocks. I'll get him to post a report once he tries them out.

Again, it was great talking to you.

Rob

The Green Machine
Build Thread: http://www.vikingforum.org/forum/yam...n-machine.html
TGM Off-Road, come check us out on Facebook!

post #10 of 362 (permalink) Old 09-21-2015, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Rob it was great talking to you to! I emailed Ted last night with the exact specs and told him what you told me about your findings on the fox podiums, he sent a email back stating he would start working on them this week and wait on the valving till next weekend so he can have my report on them and see if my findings are the same as yours! So hopefully we can get some bad ass shocks for our badass Vikings!!
howland36 and robleticia like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page