Viking Forum banner

Viking VI noise

33K views 74 replies 17 participants last post by  Must hunt 31 
#1 ·
This is hard to explain but my Viking makes an odd noise mostly at low speed or going downhill from the drivetrain. It's not like metal on metal or grinding. I've had it to the dealer and was told its normal. Anyone else have a strange noise??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
no... i dont have that noise.

#5 ·
Me either, I wouldn't think that was normal, sounds like some gears or cogs bouncing around if I've got the right noise?

#8 ·
ryan briggs had 1 way bearing go bad. U ought to ask him. He's on the forum. Bet thats what it is.

#11 ·
He's not online but u should PM him.

#14 ·
Jack it up on some jack stands and start turning the wheels and listen for anything abnormal. You can also chock the front wheels with it jacked up and fire it up with a buddy in the cockpit to mash the gas while you listen and pin point where it might be coming from.

#19 ·
My Vi also is making same noise. I removed rear seats and plastic and drove it the noise is coming from drive line. It is vibrating in the Bering collar that supports drive line. Not sure if there is a fix? Perhaps a new one might be a tighter fit. It is annoying as **** though!!!

Reactions: Gunner73
#28 ·
Sweet thanks I will check mine out

#37 ·
Yay! Glad to hear you got it fixed, Ill keep that in mind. Mine is squeking cause it already needs brake pads IDK why i havent used it but 15 hours, but dealer says something may have got in it and is my responsibility.
Anyone else having brake pads fail less than 20 hours into use?

#38 ·
Yay! Glad to hear you got it fixed, Ill keep that in mind. Mine is squeking cause it already needs brake pads IDK why i havent used it but 15 hours, but dealer says something may have got in it and is my responsibility.

Anyone else having brake pads fail less than 20 hours into use?

All u need to do is take your breaks apart and use brake anti squeak lube on them and u can get rid of the squeak.

Sent from Briggs iPhone using Tapatalk

#41 · (Edited)
Reactions: Craiglud
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.